VII BRICS International School (Moscow)
The VII BRICS International School will be held by the Russian National Committee on BRICS Research on November 13-18, 2023 in Moscow, Russian Federation.
The BRICS International School is a unique scientific and educational program aimed at training young experts specializing in BRICS studies in political, economic, humanitarian fields and other relevant areas of interaction within the five countries and those who are interested in BRICS.
Participants of the VII BRICS International School are young diplomats, scientists and researchers, journalists, entrepreneurs, students as well as post-graduates from Russia, Brazil, India, China, South Africa, aged from 18 to 35, are invited to join this program. This year, it is planned to invite representatives of countries within the sphere of influence or sphere of interests of each BRICS country to participate - "outreach." Countries that will officially join the BRICS alliance from 2024 onwards, specifically Argentina, Egypt, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Ethiopia, and the United Arab Emirates (hereinafter referred to as BRICS+), will also be invited to participate.
Participants are provided with a specially designed and extensive training program, which is structured into thematic modules and delivered in collaboration with partner organizations. These partner organizations are prominent think-tanks based in Moscow, Russia.
The mentors at the VII BRICS International School comprise leading experts and practitioners from both Russia and around the world. They include individuals from governmental and non-governmental organizations, ministries, agencies, and experienced think-tank professionals specializing in BRICS research. The VII BRICS International School offers participants the opportunity to expand their professional knowledge, enhance their communication abilities, and delve into the nuances of BRICS country cooperation. This includes understanding their global stances, the potential institutionalization of the BRICS framework, as well as the goals and priorities of this group for the future.
The program is held on an annual basis with the support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
In 2023, this program is being carried out with the support of the Presidential Grants Fund and The Alexander Gorchakov Public Diplomacy Fund, as well as the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO).
The VII BRICS International School's primary objective is to cultivate a new generation of experts with a deep understanding of BRICS, enhancing youth collaboration within this framework. Additionally, it aims to provide backing for forward-thinking projects and concepts proposed by young leaders from BRICS countries. Furthermore, the school could serve as a platform for fostering cross-cultural understanding, strengthening diplomatic ties, and promoting innovation, ultimately contributing to the long-term sustainability and growth of the BRICS alliance.
The main objectives are:
- Accumulating intellectual potential of young experts and introducing new expertise
- Encourage development of public diplomacy
- Support the best future-oriented projects and studies from BRICS young leaders
- Develop a professional community of young experts-BRICSologists
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
Participation in the program is free of charge.
The organizers provide accommodation for foreign and Russian participants from other cities. The organizers provide travel costs for Russian participants from other cities. The travel costs of foreign participants are paid at their expense.
This program is for:
- Students and graduate students, young scientists from BRICS, BRICS+ and "outreach", aged 18 to 35, who chose the BRICS association as the main object of their scientific and research interest.
- Young diplomats and representatives below the age of 35, employed within the pertinent ministries and governmental departments of BRICS nations, whose professional responsibilities include collaboration through international organizations and associations, including those associated with BRICS.
- Representatives of NGOs and public associations of BRICS countries, including youth, aged 18 to 35, engaged in the development of international activities in the field of public diplomacy.
- Young entrepreneurs from BRICS countries, aged 18 to 35, who are developing socially oriented business projects within BRICS.
- International journalists from BRICS countries, aged 18 to 35 years.
To aplly you have to:
- Fill in registration form.
- Record a 1-minute horizontal video of self-presentation in English, which reflects the language level and gives an idea of the participant's communication skills and professional interests. The video file should be uploaded to an open access Internet resource (YouTube, social networks, etc.) and a link should be specified in the registration form.
- Write a motivational letter in English on the topic “Why I want to take part in the BRICS International School” (500 words).
- Prepare a presentation of the project on the development of international youth cooperation within BRICS. Presentation should provide information about original project developed by the participant. The presentation should be made in English in Power Point or PDF format and should include the project name, its description, goals and objectives, the target audience of the project and the expected results.
If one of the requirements is not met, the application will be rejected.
Deadline for applications – September 30, 2023, 23.59 (GMT+3).
The list of participants will be published on October 3, 2023. Successful candidates will be notified by e-mail and invited to take part in the VII BRICS International School.
Upon completion, participants who have mastered at least 75% of the educational program and have successfully passed the final testing will receive certificates.
This program is aimed and building inter-civilizational dialogue. We urge you to treat one another with dignity, respect and civility and acknowledge cultural differences.
This year, the VII BRICS International School is carried out in conjunction with the Academic Essays Competition on three topics of your choice:
- Problems and Prospects of BRICS Expansion in Modern Conditions;
- BRICS as a Factor in the Development of the World Economy;
- Problems and Prospects of Financing BRICS Energy Programs
to identify the most promising ideas to enhance practical cooperation among youth from BRICS countries and beyond. The winners will be invited to participate in the following projects, including the BRICS International School and will be published in a special edition of MGIMO.
The purpose of the competition is to develop critical thinking and essay writing skills on relevant topics of international cooperation, as well as assistance in testing scientific research of young specialists. The competition is an additional part of the VII BRICS International School, not mandatory for all participants.
The main objectives are:
- Mobilize the intellectual potential of promising young leaders to develop strategies and solve the most acute problems of BRICS development;
- Support BRICS studies and promote projects and ideas for BRICS development in Russia and beyond;
- Encourage young scientists and specialists in the field of International Relations, economics, finance, trade, humanitarian cooperation to engage in the process of the intellectual search for BRICS’ new development models.
The essay is written in English (2500-3000 words) on one of the proposed topics and should represent the future-oriented project or original research of the one author. The results of the competition will be announced at the end of the BRICS International School.
The authors of the best essays will be invited to participate in the following projects, including the BRICS International School and will be published in a special edition of MGIMO.
For any inquiries, please contact:
Phone: +7 (915) 424-43-14
The person responsible for organizing the event is Ivan Tikhomirov, Director of Public Relations at the National Committee on BRICS Research.